HBO released a trailer for upcoming series ‘Lovecraft Country’ (Photo provided via @RollingStone on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Jordan Peele, J.J. Abrams team up for HBO’s ‘Lovecraft Country’

HBO released the trailer for Jordan Peele’s new horror series Lovecraft Country, and his collaboration with J.J. Abrams is already looking like a compelling and mind-boggling story.

The series is based Matt Ruff’s novel of the same name, which follows Atticus, a black veteran of the Korean War who embarks on a road trip from the south side of Chicago to a small town in Massachusetts looking for his estranged father, who mysteriously vanished after coming in contact with a strange man in a silver Cadillac. 

With him on the road trip is his Uncle George and childhood friend and fellow sci-fi buff, Leti. Along the way, they encounter rituals, magic, monsters and even an alternate reality.

The story mixes the idea of the sci-fi, fantasy journey with the horrors of racism in the U.S. Peele and Abrams have teamed up to create the HBO series, which will premiere in August.

Twitter has been reeling over the dynamic team up of these two established directors. Peele has credits like Get Out and Us as well as the 2019 run of The Twilight Zone, while Abrams has credits like Star Wars: The Force Awakens and The Rise of Skywalker as well as television programs like Lost and Alias. Everyone is anticipating pure artistry with the team-up.

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu