Hulu’s newest series ‘Love, Victor’ will release June 19 in honor of Pride Month. (Photo provided via @lovevictornews on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Hulu releases the brilliantly quirky first look of ‘Love, Victor’

Hulu released the first look at its newest original series, Love, Victor, and fans are loving every second.

Love, Victor is a spin-off to the 2018 film Love, Simon, which told the story of a teenage boy trying to navigate his way through being a closeted gay high school student.

The 10-episode dramedy will follow Victor, a teenage boy on a journey of self-discovery where he’s facing adjustments to a new city and new school all while coming to terms with his sexual orientation. 

The first look shows Victor applying for a barista job at a coffee shop, where he meets Ben.

Originally the show was set to air on Disney+, but it was deemed not “family friendly,” with a statement from Disney that said, “Disney felt many issues explored on the show, including alcohol use and sexual exploration, would not fit in with the family-friendly content on Disney+.” Though this sparked controversy for Disney, the show became Hulu’s gain. 

Fans of Love, Simon are wildly excited for the new series, already tweeting about their affection for the titular character. 

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

Love, Victor is set to air June 19 in honor of Pride Month.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu