People can adopt dogs through Zoom; over 200 people protest the layoffs of OU employees

Today is Wednesday, May 13, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

People can now meet and adopt dogs during quarantine through Zoom meetings. 

The dog food brand Pedigree has set up a website called meetyournewdog.com, where people can virtually meet different dogs, ask questions and adopt their newest furry friend all from the comfort of their homes. 

During this week, Pedigree is working with the Nashville Humane Association to host adoption meetings Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, all at 5 p.m. Pedigree is also paying the adoption fees from the event, so people won’t have any sort of charge. 

Though the Nashville Humane Association is the partner this week, the website showed there will be more partnerships with shelters soon to ensure people can adopt as many dogs as possible during the pandemic.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Over 200 people protested the layoffs of over 140 OU employees. (The Post)

The food studies certificate program and its director, Theresa Moran, are being terminated from OU on May 15 due to budget cuts. (The Post)

Nathan Rourke, Ohio’s all-time touchdown leader, was drafted to the BC Lions in the Canadian Football League Draft. (The Post)

The Post sat down with actor Stephen Kramer Glickman to talk about his role in Big Time Rush, stand-up comedy and more. (The Post)

WOUB is providing educational programming for K-12 students with coinciding activities for learning. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today is sunny with no precipitation during the day but a 30% chance at night. The high is 65 degrees, and the low is 48 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A restaurant in Colorado had its license suspended after a video was released showing the cafe filled with customers on Mother’s Day. (NBC)

People can buy AirPods Pro at its lowest Amazon price ever: $228. (Engadget)

Gunmen attacked a hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan, seeking doctors without borders while killing two newborns and at least 11 other people. (NBC)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu