Bri and Chris said ‘I love you’ on stage, following their praised performance. (Photo provided by @listentoyourheartabc via Instagram). 

Julia, Brandon gaslight themselves off ‘The Bachelor Presents: Listen To Your Heart’

The Bachelor Presents: Listen To Your Heart is slowly beginning to resemble the cast of Netflix’s Love Is Blind. We have the bad boy player-type as Brandon, the girl who can’t seem to make the right decision as Julia and the nice guy who always finishes last as Sheridan. Obviously, we all see where this is going. 

Chris Harrison said it best, “This pot needed to be stirred.” Clearly, the contestants were getting too comfortable in their relationships and not generating enough drama. Insert: producer-made chaos. This week’s twist had couples switching up partners and going on dates with other contestants. For most, it was nothing but a friendly afternoon talking about how crazy they were about their significant other. But for Julia and Brandon ... it meant everything and a few breakups. 

After Brandon chose Savannah during a previous rose ceremony, he left Julia hanging. In turn, she began using poor Sheridan to her advantage. Once a date card this week came for Julia and Brandon, everything instantly flipped upside down in the mansion, and no one saw it coming. Julia pounced on the opportunity to finally win Brandon over in her competition against Savannah, and Brandon (being the gaslighter he is) goes along with it. The problem? Literally everyone and their mother can see Brandon is clearly more interested in Savannah.

Although the two don’t set any boundaries or plans to ditch their current relationships, Julia takes it upon herself to break the news to Sheridan. And yes, she looks like an idiot.

“I don’t think I can do this with you,” she tells Sheridan with fake tears and her face in her hands. She explains that she can’t be with him, and he replies with a humble “Then I wish you the best with Brandon,” and walks away. Obviously, Julia starts whining and manipulating the poor guy who’s been nothing but an angel to her. She can’t stand not being the victim, duh! The real tear-jerking moment happens when he admits he’s only smiling to hold back his tears. Moments pass, and Sheridan gives his hugs goodbye before sending himself home. Buddy doesn’t even know he dodged the biggest bullet of his life.

Now it’s Savannah’s turn to listen to some tomfoolery. Brandon admits to her that he does still have feelings for Julia and that Savannah is only giving him “95%,” and this last “5%” is the reason why he can't be “100% all in with her.” Yeah, we don’t understand either. After spending a lengthy amount of time trying to gaslight Savannah into being down with him exploring things with Julia, too, he then switches direction to claiming he chooses Savannah. The only “100%” about this dude is that he “100%” clearly doesn’t know what he wants. 

Obviously, Savannah is a woman who knows her worth and says she wants to feel “chosen” in a relationship and not just a second option. With that, she does her round of goodbyes and says a final farewell to Brandon before exiting the mansion. Meg Thee Stallion would be proud.

Here is how fans reacted on Twitter:

The Bachelor Presents: Listen To Your Heart airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu