A water bottle will do
The Athens Fire Department received a report of a car on fire at Columbus Road and Second Street. The car was at Athens Quick Change and Lube on the corner of the two streets. When AFD arrived, the hood of the car was up and a bystander had poured water on the fire, which extinguished it.
AFD received a report of an air conditioner on fire behind the building by Oakview Dermatology. Upon arrival, AFD found a cigarette receptacle by the rear door of Interim Healthcare. The fire was extinguished.
The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a call on Monday from a man saying his son’s Power Wheels were damaged while he was out of town. He alleged the damage was done by his roommate but had no evidence to support it. He said he didn’t want the roommate connected and he just wanted the record logged.
Move the herd
The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of cattle blocking Lemaster Road over the weekend. Deputies were canceled when they arrived on the scene.