Blotter: Police make arrest at Baker for intoxication; officers sent for a stolen Amazon package

Immediate attention 

The Athens Police Department received a call of a dog bite at the parking lot outside of Holzer Clinic. A report was taken for the animal at large.

That doesn’t smell like burned food 

The Athens Fire Department received a report of an alarm going off at a person's residence on Mill Street. 

The occupants believed the alarm went off due to burnt food, according to the 911 call. Before they arrived, the alarm was reset by Luis Medina, who said he was authorized to do so. Medina had not looked to see what activated the alarm. The AFD report said there was no burnt food smell, but a strong odor of “smoking.”

Caught red-handed

While on patrol, APD discovered a theft in progress. Carlos Duwayne Lowry Jr., 55, was arrested for petty theft charges of a stolen Amazon package. The package was returned to the owner. 

Buzzed at Baker 

The Ohio University Police Department received a call on Wednesday Sept. 2 at about 1:40 p.m. about a disoriented man around Baker Center. The man was arrested for intoxication after officers noticed his eyes were glassy and bloodshot. Officers determined he had been drinking for approximately two hours. 

Officers determined he was unable to care for himself and was taken to South Eastern Ohio Regional Jail, according to the police report. 

Be careful while mowing

Over the Weekend, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office got a call about a fight near the Family Dollar in New Marshfield.

The Victim said he was mowing the lawn near the store when two men approached and started hitting him. They fled in a small, black car, but the deputies were unable to find the men, according to the police report.

@ritchey_grant

gr619615@ohio.edu