Bagel Street Deli continues to serve as a popular destination for Ohio University students looking for a quick bite or a filling meal.

Ranking the top nine restaurants in Uptown Athens

Correction appended.

Athens is full of unique restaurants that can’t be found anywhere else. From Miller’s Chicken to Gran Ranchero, anyone who comes to visit can easily find something they’ll love. Court Street, located in uptown Athens, is a hot spot for a majority of restaurants. So, here is a list of the top nine restaurants in uptown Athens, ranked:

9. Courtside Pizza

Courtside Pizza is a popular spot for a good slice of pizza for a great price. The spot can be seen with lots of people and excitement on slice night, when one slice of pizza costs 50 cents. The search for a good slice of pizza ends at Courtside Pizza.

8. Fry’d

New to Athens, Fry’d offers a variety of fries for every craving. Customers can choose between regular fries, funnel fries, sweet potato fries and more. Besides offering a great variety of fries, Fry’d is owned and operated by a current Ohio University student. For any and all fry needs, Fry’d is the place to go. 

7. Fluff Bakery

For any and all needs for baked goods, Fluff Bakery is the place to go. Fluff offers rice bowls, cakes, pies, cookies, salads, coffee and more. Fluff offers breakfast and lunch items in addition to all of the baked goods available.

6. Hangover Easy

Formerly known as the Court Street Diner, Hangover Easy is the new spot for breakfast, sandwiches, salads and even mimosas and beer. Some of the most popular items include “sloppy seconds,” chicken and waffles and avocado toast. For a convenient spot to get breakfast after a night out, Hangover Easy is the spot to go.

5. Ginger Asian Kitchen

Imagine a combination of Chipotle and Chinese food– that is the essence of Ginger Asian Kitchen. Ginger is set up in the same way as Chipotle; customers pick what menu item they’d like, go down a line and pick their own toppings to complete the meal. Ginger is great for a calm sit-in meal or perfect for on-the-go.

4. Big Mamma’s Burritos

Big Mamma’s Burritos is also similar to Chipotle, but with some extra pizazz. Big Mamma’s offers specialty burritos, guacamole and queso for any and all tastes. For anyone looking for a place in Athens to get a Philly Burrito, Big Mamma’s is the place.

3. Casa Nueva

For a twist on traditional Mexican food, Casa Nueva is the place to go. Casa offers a menu based off of produce that’s in season and only uses as many ingredients as possible from a 500-mile radius. Casa Nueva has also been a hot spot for ‘80s and Y2k dance nights.

2.Whit’s Frozen Custard

When the craving for a frozen treat comes, the best place to go is Whit’s Frozen Custard. Whit’s offers classic frozen custard, sundaes and even iced coffee. Additionally, Whit’s offers banana splits, brownie sundaes, root beer floats and shakes. Open year-round, customers can enjoy Whit’s hot or cold, rain or shine.

1. Bagel Street Deli

The best place on Court Street for any occasion and any meal. Bagel Street Deli offers pizza bagels, dessert bagels, bagel sandwiches and salads. Every sandwich is reasonably priced and affordable for students on the go and is never a disappointing meal. 

@Jilliancraig18

jc986517@ohio.edu

Correction appended: A previous version of this article included the incorrect spelling of Big Mamma’s Burritos. The article has been updated with the correct spelling.