10 songs to get through working and studying from home

Class is finally back in session. Unfortunately for most Bobcats, this means working and studying solely from home. Although it is nice to stay in pajamas all day and maybe not brush your hair, working from home comes with many distractions. With disturbances from your noisy roommate or annoying sibling, putting on headphones and using music to tune out the world helps with getting work done. Whether in need of background beats for intense studying, chill vibes for easing anxiety or a good tune to push through an assignment, here are 10 songs to help get the job done: 

“Jubel” by Klingande

To start off with some background beats, “Jubel” is instrumental and radiates nothing but good vibes. The track is excellent for when focusing on reading, yet it also has a killer saxophone sound that will make one bop their head along to the beat while doing so. 

“Meridian” by ODESZA

Same as “Jubel,” “Meridian” is instrumental and ideal for deep studying. “Meridian” is just one of the many magical tracks from ODESZA that are great to vibe to as background music and white noise. ODESZA’s 2018 album, “A Moment Apart,” is filled with other great tunes to also add to your studying playlist. 

“Lovers” by Anna of the North

“Lovers” is perfect for when you need to take a break. Anna of the North’s soft voice is soothing on this track. Just put on this smooth song and sit back, take a few deep breaths and allow yourself to relax to the unique sound before diving back into your work. 

“Young Folks” by Peter Bjorn and John

Whistle away and tap your feet along to the beat while jamming out to “Young Folks.” This fresh tune has a catchy whistle melody that allows you to whistle along while you work, therefore making it more bearable to do school work. 

“Helena Beat” by Foster The People 

You can always rely on Foster The People for a groovy track with a fun beat. “Helena Beat” is a song that you can jam along to, but also relate to the deeper meaning embedded in the lyrics. The tune touches on being overcome with internal struggles leaving us unmotivated. However, lead singer Mark Foster reminds us that we all have those days and to “hold on tight” and it will be okay. 

“Junk Of The Heart (Happy)” by The Kooks

This fun track will be sure to keep you motivated and ready to work. This song shines with positivity and good vibes. Don’t let a long day of studying put you in a bad mood. Refresh your mind with this track. 

“Are You Bored Yet?” by Wallows ft. Clairo

“Are you bored yet?” our professors may ask. Although the answer is probably yes, this song will definitely not leave you bored. This catchy, light-hearted tune is a surefire way to brighten your day. This track is superb to sing along to while you study away. 

“One Foot” by WALK THE MOON

Often it can feel like some projects or chapters of textbooks are never ending, often making us feel like we are drowning in work. But WALK THE MOON reminds us with this track to just keep working by stepping “one foot in front of the other” and we will make it through. 

“Quarter-Life Crisis” by Judah & the Lion

It is definitely not uncommon for a college student to feel like they are going through a quarter-life crisis. Judah & Lion hit the nail right on the head with its lyrics in the track. Sometimes, recognizing that we are not alone in the way we feel, is all we need to just keep working hard. 

“Working for the Weekend” by Loverboy

This ‘80s up-beat hit is just what everyone needs to keep chugging along and finish that assignment. Because really, “everybody's working for the weekend,” right? 

@lexilepof

ll653118@ohio.edu