Alexander’s Michael Lash II attempts to run the ball past Athens’ Braxton Springer during the game at Alexander High School on Friday, Aug. 28, 2020. Athens beat Alexander 20-13.

High School Football: Alexander travels to Chillicothe to take on Southeastern

The Spartans will travel to Chillicothe on Friday in search of their second win. 

Alexander (1-6, 1-4 Tri-Valley Conference-Ohio) takes on Southeastern in what could be the final game of its season.

During its 19-14 loss to Belpre last week, Alexander got another strong performance from its defense, keeping the scoring to a minimum and forcing turnovers to give the Spartans a chance to win the game.

As the story has been for most of the season, the Spartan offense was unable to match the energy of the defense. And despite a late comeback attempt, they were unable to secure a win.

Heading into the Southeastern game, Alexander’s focus will continue to be on cleaning up the sloppy mistakes that put the team into improbable situations on second and third down. If the Spartans do that, they may snap their three-game losing streak.

Here’s everything you need to know heading into the game:

Game information and notes:

• Opponent: Southeastern Panthers (1-6, 1-5 Scioto Valley Conference)
  • Venue: Southeastern Stadium
  • Date and Time: Friday, Oct. 16 at 7 p.m.
  • Southeastern enters Friday’s game following a 36-14 loss to Symmes Valley in the first round of Division VI the playoffs. 
  • The Panthers also enter the game with a losing streak of their own, dropping five in a row since their last win.
  • The last time the Spartans played a member of the SVC was in the second round of the playoffs in 2015, losing to Zane Trace 34-21.
  • Southeastern faced off with a TVC-Ohio opponent last season, beating Vinton County 35-0.

@TylerHJohnson7

tj932016@ohio.edu

Tyler Johnson

Sports