Police Blotter: Driver doing donuts at Piggly Wiggly; fire alarm found in dumpster

Dumpster Alarm

The Athens Fire Department received a report that a fire alarm went off on Congress Street. The fire alarm was found in a dumpster, which was smashed by AFD. The battery was removed and AFD left the scene. 

A storm’s brewing 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was alerted to a 911 call from a person in Chauncey, which was hung up because of static on the line. The call originated during a large storm moving through the area. Deputies went through the area where the call was made but found no suspicious activity. The call was believed to be disconnected due to the harsh weather.

Maintenance Repair 

The Sheriff's department received a report of a subject underneath a vehicle in The Plains, attempting to remove a catalytic converter. The caller yelled at the suspect, who then fled on a bicycle. Deputies met with the caller and observed damage to the exhaust system of the vehicle. Deputies patrolled the area but did not find the suspect or any suspicious activity. 

Burning Rubber 

The Sheriff’s office received a report of a subject doing donuts in the parking lot of Piggly Wiggly. Upon arriving in the area, deputies made contact with the driver and advised him to cease any further reckless driving, including donuts. 

I’m just helping 

The Sheriff’s office received a report of a subject possibly breaking into a vehicle at the Piggly Wiggly parking lot in The Plains. When deputies arrived at the scene, it turned out that the man was assisting a woman who had accidentally locked her keys in her car. Deputies assisted and returned to patrol. 

Stealing a Snickers 

The Sheriff’s office received a report at Certified Oil, in Glouster, in regards to a shoplifting complaint. The woman admitted to stealing a Snickers ice cream bar. The store did not press charges but did want the female trespassed from the property. The female was criminally trespassed. 

Conspiracy Theories 

The Sheriff’s office received a report at Matheny Road, in Nelsonville of a husband calling to report his wife seeing aliens and believing the government was listening to her phone conversations. 

When the deputies arrived, the wife admitted to using methamphetamine a few hours before and that the suspected narcotics and her pipe were inside of her persons. ACEMS arrived on the scene and transported the wife to OMH for a Blue-Slip medical/mental evaluation. No further action was necessary. 

@ritchey_grant 

gr619615@ohio.edu