Clare Crawley’s journey on ‘The Bachelorette’ comes to an expedited end after getting engaged to Dale Moss. (Photo provided via @bacheloretteabc on Instagram)

TV Review: Clare Crawley blows up 'The Bachelorette,' Tayshia Adams to fill the role

Rose lovers, this is not a drill: Clare Crawley has officially “blown up” The Bachelorette

Although the 2020 presidential election results continue to change by the second, some of the anxiety can be eased because we finally get to say “good riddance” to the lead who, frankly, couldn’t fulfill the role. 

Thankfully, Tayshia Adams is finally coming out of the shadows to salvage what's left of season 16. There is a Bachelorette god after all.

Apparently ,Crawley found a cheat code to The Bachelorette because she has beaten it with record timing. In four episodes flat, Clare chose Dale Moss, dumped the rest of the men and now somehow has a ring on her finger. 

It was clear from the beginning she only had eyes for Dale, and it was only a matter of time before the production crew and other contestants caught on to her game.

In the face of rejection, the remaining men were hurt but even more dumbfounded at how quickly she made her decision. 

After they began feeling discouraged due to Clare’s lack of attention, Chris Harrison finally took it upon himself to confront her about the situation. 

“The path we’re on right now ... we can’t continue,” Harrison tells her. “These are good guys, and they’re not dumb. They know what’s going on.”

Clare seems to be completely unbothered at the obvious news. She admitted to Chris that she felt so bonded to Dale because she looked at his social media before filming and became infatuated with “his vibe.” Whatever that means. 

The two decided the best way to move forward is to solidify her relationship with Dale. Chris broke the news to the guys that the cocktail party and rose ceremony will be cancelled. Before leaving, he pulls Dale aside — stating Clare wants to hang out with him alone. 

They meet up for dinner, and right away, Clare begins pouring her entire heart out and confesses that she’s falling for him. Dale responds by stating, “When we met, I felt love.” 

The two continue the evening by whispering sweet nothings to each other before getting their hotel room key. Apparently, Fantasy Suites are happening during week four, I guess. All we can think about is the other men back at the resort, who are totally left in the dark at this point.

Everything comes to a screeching halt the next morning. After Clare and Dale are all cuddled up in bed, Chris comes in with a bomb: “The next step: proposal.”  Sorry Dale, time to get down on one knee, buddy!

Clare finally decides to fill in the other contestants in by stating, “What I came here for ... I think I found it. And it’s with Dale.” We could all act surprised, but we definitely weren’t. 

She continues apologizing for wasting their time and wishes them all the same happiness that she found. Shockingly, the men were very supportive but still torn up. After all, they all were forced to quarantine longer than it took for Clare to get a proposal.

Yes, Clare and Dale get engaged in the end. However, the true climax and beacon of light during this episode was Tayshia Adams emerging out of a limo as the new season 16 lead. 

“Surprise!” she said, greeting Chris out of the limo. 

Here’s how fans reacted on Twitter:

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu