The Weeknd to perform the Super Bowl halftime show; Check out the voter turnout in Athens County

Today is Friday, November 13, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

The NFL has announced that The Weeknd will be performing this season’s Super Bowl halftime show.

Super Bowl LV, which is set to take place on February 7, 2021, will be held at Raymond James Stadium, the home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Assuming the pandemic is still an issue in February, the halftime show will look a lot different than it has in years past. The NFL announced that the attendance for the Super Bowl will only be around 20% of the maximum capacity, which will bring it down to about 13,000 seats in comparison to the limit of roughly 66,000 that the stadium can hold.

The low attendance for the Super Bowl will likely result in a very different, less engaging performance as well. As COVID-19 cases continue to break records throughout the U.S., the NFL, as well as The Weeknd and Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, which helps produce the halftime show,  will have to consistently reevaluate what the Weeknd’s performance will look like.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here’s what voter turnout looked like in Athens County this year. (The Post)

The dangerous combination of seasonal depression and pandemic depression. (The Post)

Check out how Athens city council is adapting to virtual meetings and operations. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s going to be a crisp fall day today, as we’re expecting it to be partly cloudy with a high of 58 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

The Governor of North Dakota supports an idea to allow asymptomatic healthcare workers to continue working. (AP News)

Casual social gatherings are causing positive COVID-19 cases to rise. (Washington Post)

Joe Biden’s victory could lead to record-setting gun sales. (CNN)

@JoeyPerkins_

jp391418@ohio.edu