McDonald’s McRib returns nationwide today; here’s how Athens organizations, businesses are giving back during the holiday season

Today is Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

The McDonald’s McRib is back, and you can get your hands on one for free — as long as you shave your face. 

The iconic barbecue sandwich will be available nationwide beginning Wednesday, Dec. 2, which the fast food chain had dubbed “the sauciest day of the year.” 

McDonald’s partnered with No-Shave November and is giving away 10,000 free sandwiches to customers in effort to bring awareness to the non-profit that raises money for cancer research. To enter, post a picture of your cleanly shaven face to your public Twitter or Instagram account using #Shave4McRibSweepstakes and tag @mcdonalds. 

“Beard or no beard, prepare for the McRib with a shave — or even a facial mask — because anyone can participate, from your brother to your mother, sister-in-law or cousin’s roommate,” McDonald’s stated in a press release Monday.

The first 10,000 entries will receive a code for a free McRib through McDelivery with Uber Eats while supplies last.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here’s how Athens organizations and businesses are giving back during the holiday season. (The Post)

Data from the OU-AAUP and OU Black Faculty Association show OU’s employment diversity is not representative of the state’s Black and Hispanic populations. (The Post)

Ohio men’s basketball’s Jason Preston and women’s basketball’s CeCe Hooks earned MAC player of the week honors. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Don’t forget your coat! Today will be partly cloudy with no precipitation and a high of 43 degrees. The low in the evening will be 21 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Rihanna and ASAP Rocky are reportedly dating. (Complex)

The body of missing Instagram influencer Alexis Sharkey was found on the side of a road in Houston on Saturday. (NBC News)

Amazon sales surged during the record-breaking holiday shopping season, reaching nearly $5 billion between Black Friday and Cyber Monday. (CNN)

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu