Biden signs executive orders on climate control; O’Betty’s Red Hot undergoing renovations

Today is Thursday, Jan. 28, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

President Joe Biden has signed a series of executive orders Wednesday pushing for a series of reforms on climate change. This follows executive orders from the President last week to rejoin the Paris climate accord and the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline.

These executive orders focus on making climate change a national issue as well as conserving at least 30% of federal land and waters by 2030. Leases on gas and oil on public lands will also be stopped by this order confirming the President's previous stances on fracking.

This is a stark change from the previous administration as the Trump administration had auctioned off drilling rights to land on Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Rescue earlier this month.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

O'Betty's Red Hot is going under renovations. (The Post)

A Ph.D. student talks about his experiences as an asylum seeker and attending Ohio University. (The Post)

Here are a few places to go hiking in the wake of the Hocking Hills Winter Hike cancellation. (The Post)

Athens Weather

The days are getting colder. Today will be a high of 28 degrees and partly cloudy. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Biden administration says it will be months before COVID vaccines can be issued to all adults. (CNN)

Democrats have introduced a bill to make Washington D.C. the 51st state. (NBC)

The COVID-19 variant first found in UK is now found in 16 U.S. states, according to the CDC director. (CBS)

@JordanE42800656

je563817@ohio.edu