Billie Eilish, Rosalía drop new song together; here’s how federal funding will expand broadband access in Appalachia

Today is Thursday, Jan. 21, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Billie Eilish fans are in for a treat: one of Eilish’s first ventures for the new year is a long-awaited collaborative song with Rosalía, which is dropping Thursday at noon. 

The song has been teased by Rosalía for about a year now and was made for Euphoria. Rosalía said she had finished the arrangements in April of 2020, and one of the final steps was getting vocals from Eilish.

The song, “Lo Vas a Olvidar,” is just one of Eilish’s drops of the year. The pop phenomenon is set to release a self-titled photo book in 2021, along with an Apple TV+ documentary titled “Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry.” 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

New federal funding could help expand broadband access across Appalachia. (The Post)

The 2000s are back in style. Here’s where to find some cheap throwback dupes to rock (The Post)

If you have gifts from the holidays you need to return, make sure you’re aware of the policies of Athens stores. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball faced off against Buffalo in the Convo. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s a gloomy winter day today. The high is 45 degrees with expected winds and cloudy skies. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

U.S. President Joe Biden was inaugurated Wednesday, proclaiming that democracy has prevailed after the recent Capitol riot. (CBS News)

A magnitude 3.5 earthquake hit South Los Angeles on Wednesday morning. (Los Angeles Times)

Olivia Rodgrio’s viral hit “Drivers License” may have just sparked a friendship between her and Cardi B. (Buzzfeed)

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu