Ohio’s Jason Preston (#0) drives the ball past Buffalo’s Jonathan Williams (#11) during its game on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020 in The Convo. (via Ohio Athletics).

Men's Basketball: How to watch Ohio vs. Buffalo and what to look for

The odds were stacked against Ohio this week. Having to play three games in five days would be daunting for any squad, but the Bobcats weren’t even at full strength. It didn’t matter. Ohio’s had back-to-back double digit victories and will go for its seventh win in a row when Buffalo comes to town on Saturday. 

GAME INFORMATION 

Opponent: Buffalo (11-7, 9-5 Mid-American Conference) 

Time: 2 p.m.

Place: The Convo (Athens, Ohio)

How to watch: ESPN3

MEET THE OPPONENT 

Head coach: Jim Whitesell 

Probable starters 

11 Jeenathan Williams 

10 Ronaldo Segu 

03 Jayvon Graves 

02 Keishawn Brewton 

34 Josh Mballa 

SERIES HISTORY 

Ohio leads the all-time series 33-18 but the last chapter was one of its best. Ohio defeated the Bulls in a thriller 76-75. Ohio senior forward Dwight Wilson was Ohio’s savior during the contest. Wilson finished the game with 21 points, including the game winner. If Ohio wants to sweep the Bulls in the regular season, Wilson will have to have another strong performance.

WHY THIS GAME MATTERS?

Ohio and Buffalo both punched their tickets to the MAC Tournament on Thursday after defeating Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan respectively. If the tournament were to start tomorrow, Ohio and Buffalo would face each other in the quarterfinals. At this point, that matchup seems like a near lock, so Saturday’s game could serve as a measuring stick for both teams.  

@JL_Kirven 

jk810916@ohio.edu