5 ways to feel like you went on Spring Break without leaving your home

Spring Break is the week-long vacation from school that marks the beginning of the homestretch toward the end of the semester. The holiday is a time to step back from school and mentally recharge. However, thanks to COVID-19, many will not be making their annual spring break trip. 

Instead of spending your time off wistfully daydreaming about how you should be on a beach, try at-home activities that mimic the Spring Break feeling. Not sure where to start? Check out our guide. It’ll have you feeling like you went on Spring Break without leaving your house. 

Have a photoshoot

Grab a few friends and a cute outfit and have a photoshoot. Try coordinating outfits or that hairstyle you’ve seen all over Instagram. You don’t have to be on a beach to show off your new swimsuit. Head to the backyard and strike a pose in your favorite suit and sunglasses. Break out a kiddie pool and splash around. Think of out-of-the-box locations around that could make for a fun backdrop. Have you ever had a photoshoot in your garage, backyard or local grocery store? Try it.

Plan a future vacation

Although traveling may not be easy now, there is hope that one day it will. Be prepared for the turn back to normal by planning a future vacation. Organizing a trip takes much time and thought. Picking a hotel, deciding on an itinerary and travel accommodations are just a few of the things you must consider. Use your time off to plan your ideal trip to a dream destination. Then, when the time comes, all you have to do is hit “book,” grab your suitcase and go. 

Watch Spring Break movies

Go on spring break without leaving the couch. Have a Spring Break movie night and live vicariously through the characters. Try Spring Breakers, Fyre, Spring Breakdown, 22 Jump Street, or 47 Meters Down.

Buy summer clothes

With warm weather ahead, it’s time to update your closet. Refresh it with new summer pieces. Scope out Instagram trends, buy online or browse your local thrift store. When shopping, buy the four “s’s”; swimsuits, sundresses, sandals and sunglasses, (try saying that five times fast). That clothing haul will be nothing short of summer. 

Go tanning or use self-tanner

Get a beach tan by laying out in your backyard and soaking up some sun. Or, if wanting a quicker and less harmful method, try at-home self-tanning. See Allure’s list of the best self-tanners of 2021 here

@colant_juliana

jc079419@ohio.edu