Ewan McGregor reprises Obi-Wan Kenobi starting in April; director of sorority and fraternity life awarded Bobcat Medal

Today is Tuesday, March 30, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Fans have been reeling over the much-anticipated installment in the Star Wars franchise: Obi-Wan Kenobi. Now, with the cast list finalized and production will begin shooting in April, audiences can prepare to see Ewan McGregor as the ever-iconic Jedi Master once again. 

The story begins 10 years after the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, where Kenobi faced off against his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, who turned into evil Sith Lord Darth Vader. 

Hayden Christensen will also return in the role of Darth Vader, and joining the cast are Moses Ingram, Joel Egerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie. 

The show is directed by Deborah Chow and will be available exclusively on Disney+. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here’s a roundup of COVID-19 cases in Athens County. (The Post)

Ariel Tarosky, director of sorority and fraternity life, was awarded the Bobcat Medal by Student Senate. (The Post)

Ohio University’s Outdoor Pursuits is hosting free, outdoor group activities. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Check out this feature on Ohio hockey player Sam Turner. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today is mostly sunny with no precipitation during the day but a 90% chance at night. The high is 71 degrees and the low is 48 degrees, so get out and enjoy the day before the rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

President Biden on Sunday expressed confidence that a "rational" gun control bill can pass the evenly-divided Senate. (CBS)

Here’s why Apple is encouraging you to update your iOS products (techradar)

Suez Canal traffic is able to resume after cargo ship Ever Given begins moving again. (CNBC)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu