5 recipes to celebrate St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! With COVID-19 restrictions, celebrating the holiday looks different from years past. Instead of big parties and bar hopping, test your luck in the kitchen by cooking up a storm of festive treats. Whether you're feeling sweet or savory, we have you covered. Check out our list of fun St. Patrick’s Day recipes that'll be better than a pot of gold: 

Soda bread

Change up your carbs with Irish soda bread. It's a simple recipe that requires a few common household ingredients. Have it for breakfast or as a side at dinner. Try using the soda bread as a sandwich foundation, like in this pesto Irish soda bread grilled cheese.

Cheddar beer fondue

For a fun appetizer or snack, make cheddar beer fondue. Just about anything tastes good dipped in cheese but especially French bread, veggies like broccoli, Granny Smith apples and pretzels. 

St. Patrick's Day puppy chow

Puppy chow is a sugary snack staple. Make it in honor of St. Patrick's Day by adding Lucky Charms, green candies or green food dye. Give festive puppy chow as a gift to friends and family or keep it all for yourself!

Matcha popcorn 

Matcha has been a hot food trend lately, but have you ever tried it on popcorn? It can be a healthy snack combining the benefits of green tea matcha and low calories of popcorn. Plus, the color of matcha is green, tinting the popcorn a fitting and celebratory color. 

Bailey's brownies

Bailey's Irish Cream adds rich flavor to chocolate desserts, especially brownies. Bailey’s brownies is a large quantity of dessert that is great for sharing on St. Patrick's Day. You can keep it simple by adding the twist to box mix brownies or make them from scratch

@colant_juliana

jc079419@ohio.edu