High school senior receives $1 million in scholarship money; Pizza Cottage set to open in the old Ruby Tuesday building

Today is Monday, March 7. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

High school senior Shanya Robinson-Owens, 17, from George Washington Carver High School of Engineering and Science in Pittsburgh, received a total of over $1 million in scholarship money.

Robinson-Owens applied to somewhere between 25-30 schools. The senior was aware of the scholarship process, but was astonished at the amount she received from all of the universities combined. 

Robinson-Owens is still contemplating her college decision as she has hopes of attending the school best suited for her. She points out that she simply will not just pick the campus that offers her the best package, but instead, the one she likes most. 

In order to keep those who are following Robinson-Owens’ story updated, her family has created the hashtag #KeepingUpWithNya to track her progress on social media. 

Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, La Salle University in Philadelphia, Temple University in Philadelphia, Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Missouri and Cabrini University in Radnor, Pennsylvania are just some of the schools that have offered her money. 

Robinson-Owens plans on studying psychology considering her favorite subjects in school have been chemistry and physics. Additionally, she enjoys journalism as well as she has contributed to her school's news website and podcast and been a part of her school yearbook. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

A Pizza Cottage is set to open in the old Ruby Tuesday building. (The Post)

Read about two OU students’ opinions on Jay Edwards’ proposed bills. (The Post)

Discover what the spring season has in store for you based off of your zodiac sign. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today embodies the definition of spring as skies will be partly cloudy and a high of 56 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

After New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo refused to resign, top N.Y. lawmakers call for Cuomo to step down. (NBC

Two high school sweethearts reunite and fall in love again thanks to the baby they chose to give up 51 years ago. (Yahoo News

Billie Eilish, BTS, Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Harry Styles to perform at the 2021 Grammys. (Rolling Stone)

@emmadollenmayer

ed569918@ohio.edu