Ohio University forward Mason McMurray (24) tries to block Kent State forward Danny Pippen (5) from shooting the ball on Saturday, Jan. 16, 2021. Ohio University lost 89- 79 to Kent State. (FILE)

Men's Basketball: How to watch Ohio's Mid-American Conference Tournament matchup against Kent State

Ohio’s long-awaited rematch against Kent State is here. After their final regular season game against the Golden Flashes on March 2 was canceled due to COVID-19 issues, the Bobcats have the rematch they’ve been waiting for. 

Only this time the stakes are even higher. 

Ohio (13-7, 9-5 MAC) has made it to the Mid-American Conference Tournament, but not without problems. The Bobcats haven’t played a game since their loss to Buffalo on Feb. 27, and are jumping into the tournament against a Kent State team they have a history with this season.

If the Bobcats want to stand a chance, they’ll need to play like they haven’t missed four of the last five weeks of its schedule.

GAME INFORMATION 

Opponent: Kent State (15-7, 12-6 MAC) 

Time: 30 minutes after game one, approximately 1:30 p.m.

Place: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland, Ohio

How to watch: ESPN+

How to listen: TuneIn 

MEET THE OPPONENT 

Head Coach: Rob Senderoff

Probable starters:

02 Malique Jacobs

05 Danny Pippen

11 Giovanni Santiago

14 Tervell Beck

21 Justyn Hamilton

SERIES HISTORY 

The last time the two teams met on Jan. 15, Ohio lost 89-79 to Kent State in one of the most temperamental games of its season. Kent State was the better team and was a sore spot on Ohio’s schedule. The Bobcats lead the all-time series 95-54, but is 7-11 since the Golden Flashes hired Rob Senderhoff as head coach before the 2011-2012 season.

@thejackgleckler

jg011517@ohio.edu