Ella Bianco (#14) drives the ball down the sideline during the Ohio University home game at Peden Stadium in Athens, Ohio, on March 4, 2021. The Bobcats lost to the Redhawks 0-1. (FILE)

Soccer: Ohio heads back on the road for two games this weekend

Ohio finally got its season going in the right direction after its 3-0 win against Akron on Sunday after suffering two losses early in the season. The team was able to put all of its strengths together in a dominant performance and will look to do the same on the road versus Kent State and Buffalo this weekend.

The Bobcats will need to continue the momentum from last weekend and carry it into both games to keep their hopes to play in the Mid-American Conference Championship game alive. Ohio currently sits fifth in the MAC East and has a record of 1-2. This weekend will be huge for the Bobcats to see if they can bring all the positives together and define who they are as a team. 

Here’s what you need to know prior to this weekend:

Thursday

Opponent: Kent State (2-1, 2-1 MAC)

Time: March 18, 7 p.m. 

Location: Dix Stadium (Kent, Ohio)

• Kent State won its first two games at home against Buffalo and Akron and lost to Miami 4-2 on March 14.
  • The Golden Flashes lead the all-time record 13-12-2 against Ohio. They defeated the Bobcats 3-1 last season.

Sunday

Opponent: Buffalo (2-1, 2-1 MAC)

Time: March 21, 1 p.m.

Location: UB Stadium (Buffalo, New York)

• Buffalo lost its first game to Kent State and has won its last two against Miami and Bowling Green.
  • The series between Ohio and Buffalo is 11-11-1. Buffalo defeated the Bobcats 2-0 last season.

@mariamonesii

mm017019@ohio.edu