Weekender Briefs: Rethink imposter syndrome with Valerie Young, attend virtual theater production

Friday, March 12

Diversity & Inclusion Drop-In Career Corner at 10 a.m., hosted virtually by Ohio University’s Career and Leadership Development Center and Division of Diversity and Inclusion. Get help with career-related needs from career coach Tamika Williams. Sessions are often used to discuss resume feedback or to answer general questions about career development.

Admission: Free

Legacy: Don Adleta and Karen Nulf, 60 years of Graphic Design at 12 p.m., hosted by The Kennedy Museum of Art, 100 Ridges Circle. View this exhibition that chronicles the creative ventures of OU graphic design professors Don Adleta and Karen Nulf. Before attending, complete OU’s coronavirus training and schedule a visiting time via the Google Form provided by the Kennedy Museum of Art.

Admission: Free with registration

Rethinking Impostor Syndrome: How to Feel as Bright and Capable as They “Think” You Are at 12 p.m. hosted virtually by OU’s AAUW student group, Graduate College, Margaret Boyd Scholars Program and the Women's Center. Attend this “surprisingly upbeat webinar” to learn about imposter syndrome and gain skills to address it. The program will be led by Valerie Young, an internationally recognized expert on impostor syndrome.

Admission: Free

Saturday, March 13

ACC Offroad Park Open Ride at 8 a.m., hosted by Athens County Crawlers at 4751 Gun Club Rd. Come to the ACC Offroad Park for an open ride. Participants can bring Jeeps, trucks, buggies and SxS's. Motorcycles and four-wheelers are not permitted.

Admission: $20 per rig

Athens Farmers Market at 9 a.m., hosted by Athens Farmers Market, 1002 E State St. Shop for locally grown and locally made foods and goods at the farmers’ market. The market accepts SNAP, credit cards and wholesome wave. Masks are recommended and social distancing protocols are in place.

Admission: Free

Sunday, March 14

“Women of Appalachia Project” Fine Art Exhibition at 12 p.m., hosted by the Dairy Barn Art Center, 8000 Dairy Lane. Explore art created by a diverse group of women. The “Women of Appalachia Project” encourages the making of art that shares artists’ culture and experiences, addressing issues of stereotypes and marginalization. Reservations to view the exhibit can be made through the Dairy Barn website.

Admission: $5 or free for Dairy Barn members

Day Hike at 1 p.m., hosted by Bobcats Well-Being and OU Campus Recreation at Sells Park. Explore the outdoors with Outdoor Pursuits in one of Athens’ local parks. Sign up information is available via the Rec Shop’s website.

Admission: Free

Lost Flamingo Theatre Company Presents: Tracks at 2 p.m., hosted virtually by the Lost Flamingo Theatre Company (LFC). Join the LFC, OU’s original student-run theatre organization, for their first virtual performance of the semester: Tracks. The production examines life, death, and the unknown. Tickets can be purchased through AnywhereSeat.

Admission: $10

@isabelnissley

in566119@ohio.edu