Police Blotter: Trucks do donuts outside Marathon; individuals reported to look in residential window

False Alarm

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received an alarm report from Fruth's Pharmacy on United Lane. When deputies arrived, they discovered it was a false alarm.

Doing Donuts

There was a report of two trucks doing donuts at the Marathon on Washington Road in Albany, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. When deputies arrived, they were told the trucks had left and were headed toward Albany.

The deputies patrolled the area but did not find the reported drivers.

Suspicious Driver

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a suspicious vehicle report at West Clinton Street in Albany. The caller said a large white SUV drove slowly past her while she was walking her dog. She said she felt unsafe and went inside her residence. 

Deputies patrolled the area but did not find the reported vehicle. The caller requested extra patrols in the area, as she felt unsafe. 

Just Getting Food

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a suspicious person at the Piggly Wiggly in The Plains. The caller said there was a man riding a bike around the parking lot. She said she believed he was looking for vehicles to steal. 

When deputies arrived, they spoke with the man, who said he was going to McDonald’s for food. The man was free to leave, and deputies resumed patrol.

Peeping

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of individuals looking in a residence window on Oregon Ridge Road in Glouster. Deputies searched the immediate area but did not locate the reported individuals.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu