Regé-Jean page reportedly denied a role in “Krypton” due to his race; The Chinese Learners Association is fighting AAPI Hate

Today is Thursday, April 8, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

DC Entertainment reportedly passed on Regé-Jean Page playing a role in SyFy’s Krypton due to concerns over his race and the color of his skin. The role he was seeking was that of Superman’s grandfather. 

The then DC-chief creative officer Geoffery Johns allegedly said that Superman’s grandfather could not be Black. On Tuesday, The Hollywood Reporter reported that a representative of John’s said that executives were concerned with the casting of Page because they wanted the actor to resemble a young Henry Cavill. Cavill plays the role of Superman in the DC films.

On Wednesday, Page posted a tweet commenting on the process:

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Find out what the Chinese Learners Association is doing to spread awareness of violence/hate against AAPI. (The Post)

For those students summering in Athens, here’s the ultimate summer bucket list. There’s plenty to do, you just gotta find it. (The Post)

Students at OU have been participating in a letter-writing campaign in favor of the Collin’s Law Bill. Find out their opinion on the subject. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s gonna be a dark one. Today it will be a high of 80 degrees and mostly cloudy with a 60% chance of thunderstorms (Courtesy of Scalia Lab).

You might also want to know…

SpaceX launches another 60 Starlink satellites into orbit and sticks rocket landing. (Space.com)

Jack Hannah (Jungle Jack), a popular zookeeper and wildlife expert, is retiring from public life after being diagnosed with dementia. (CNN)

Brazil is currently the global epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, and many health officials fear that the nation’s out-of-control outbreak will spawn more variants of the virus. (BBC)

@JordanE42800656

je563817@ohio.edu