Senior outfielder, Allie Englant (4), catches a pop up during the home game against Northern Illinois University on Saturday, March 20 2021 in Athens, Ohio.

Softball: Bobcats drop series finale and split series against Bowling Green

The Bobcats lost 2-1 to Bowling Green on Sunday.

Ohio (14-15, 10-10 MAC) lost Sunday’s series finale against Bowling Green 2-1, splitting the series at two games a piece. The Bobcats were looking to get their first series win since March but were unable to pull it off. 

The Bobcats couldn’t get the bats going against Bowling Green’s Payton Gottshall, who only gave up two hits total and struck out 11 Bobcats. Both hits by the Bobcats were from senior Allie Englant’s two singles. 

The game was scoreless until the fourth inning when Bowling Green blasted a solo homerun, giving the Falcons the lead. The Bobcats scored their lone run of the game when Caitlin Fogue scored on an error to tie the game.

Bowling Green scored the go-ahead run when Bowling Green’s Greta L’Esperance went from first to third on a groundout and then scored on the throw to take the lead back and make it a 2-1 game. Mackenzie Kohl pitched a complete game for the Bobcats and struck out three batters and gave up 

After today’s game the Bobcats are half a game out of fourth place behind Kent State and two games back of Toledo for third place in the MAC. 

What’s Next ?

The Bobcats will take on Akron in Athens in a doubleheader on Tuesday, April 20 starting at 1 p.m. 

@Willyfran5 

wf991919@ohio.edu