Photo provided by @julienrbaker via Twitter. 

Twitter Reactions: Julien Baker announces upcoming tour dates

There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel — and it’s casting down the shape of an indie hero clutching her guitar.

Julien Baker took to social media Tuesday to announce her upcoming tour across North America and Europe, with dates starting in September and concluding at the smack end of May 2022. Fans rejoiced not only because they’ll be able to see the surging star in the flesh, but also because it’s a signal that the past year of mundanity is finally nearing its close.

Pre-sales as well as regular ticket sales are opening at different points this week depending on the show. Supporting acts include Thao and Katie Malco at all September shows, Malco and Dehd at all October and November shows and Ratboys in April 2022 and May 2022.

The announcement follows the release of Little Oblivions, Baker’s third album, in late February. The indie singer has found her way to late-night shows and the forefront of music lovers’ mind as of late, with her atmospheric guitar licks and gentle voice fostering a sense of hope and relatability into each person who listens. Her work with boygenius — a supergroup of Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus and herself — has also taken off, thanks to Bridgers’ recent success.

While you count down the minutes for your show of choice to open (and hoping not be canceled due to another wave of COVID-19 cases), see how people reacted on Twitter to Baker’s announcement:

@bre_offenberger

bo844517@ohio.edu