Weekender Briefs: Attend Shabbat Services in-person, view OU’s Spring 2021 Senior Dance Concert

Friday, April 16

Diversity & Inclusion Drop-In Career Corner at 10 a.m., hosted virtually by Ohio University’s Career and Leadership Development Center and Division of Diversity and Inclusion. Get help with career-related needs from career coach Tamika Williams. Sessions are often used to discuss resume feedback or to answer general questions about career development.

Admission: Free

Coping Clinic: Feel Good Fridays at 11 a.m., hosted virtually by OU’s Counseling and Psychological Services. Join Counseling and Psychological Services for an online, drop-in workshop that offers students creative ways to explore their thoughts and feelings. Resources to practice healthy behaviors will also be presented. Students do not have to be a client with Counseling and Psychological Services or currently located in the state of Ohio to engage in Coping Clinic workshops.

Admission: Free

In-person Shabbat at 6 p.m., hosted by Hillel at Ohio University, Emeriti Park. Join OU Hillel for in-person Shabbat Services. Shabbat To-Go will be happening still as well. Meals can be picked up at Hillel from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. If participants plan on attending services, OU Hillel will bring their meal to Emeriti Park. Register for Shabbat To-Go at https://forms.gle/9sF1LTtuqdP1MxsT6.

Admission: Free

Saturday, April 17

For the Love of Athens Photo Contest Gallery Exhibit at 8 a.m., hosted by ARTS/West and the Athens Community Center, 701 E. State St. View “For the Love of Athens,” a photo contest and exhibition celebrating the people and places of Athens County. The show has been on display over the past few months at ARTS/West, and now, it is being hosted at the Athens Community Center for an encore viewing. Questions can be directed to Emily Beveridge at 740-592-4315 or ebeveridge@ci.athens.oh.us.

Admission: Free

Athens Farmers Market at 9 a.m., hosted by Athens Farmers Market, 1002 E. State St. Shop for locally grown and locally made foods and goods at the farmers market. The market accepts SNAP, credit cards and wholesome wave. Masks are recommended, and social distancing protocols are in place.

Admission: Free

Virtual Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of ACRN at 6 p.m., hosted virtually by ACRN. Join ACRN for a celebration of its 50th Anniversary. All alumni are invited to return virtually to celebrate this milestone. At the event, the winner of the ACRN Charles Voge Scholarship will be announced. Participants can register through engage.ohio.edu and contact Karl Gussow at ksgussow@gmail.com with any questions.

Admission: Free

School of Dance presents: The Spring Senior Portfolio Works Walk-Through Concert at 7 p.m., hosted by OU’s School of Dance, McCracken Field. View the Spring 2021 Senior Dance Concert, a site-responsive, walk-through concert with each choreographer showcasing a group or solo work in one of seven different locations on the OU campus. A curated audience pod of six to eight members will migrate from one performance location to the next. Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable footwear. Tickets can be purchased online.

Admission: $10.00 general admission, free for students

Tantrum Theater presents: Spring Awakening at 8 p.m., hosted virtually by Tantrum Theater. Watch Spring Awakening, an angsty rock musical adaptation of the seminal play about the trials and tribulations of growing up. The winner of eight Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Spring Awakening is an electrifying fusion of morality, sexuality and rock ‘n’ roll. The link to stream the musical is available via showtix4u.com.

Admission: $10 general admission, $5 students

Monday, April 19

School of Theater presents: Macbeth at 8 p.m., hosted virtually by OU’s School of Theater. See Macbeth, a play about a brave Scottish general who receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his wife, Macbeth murders King Duncan and takes the Scottish throne for himself. And that’s when the guilt and paranoia set in. Tickets can be reserved online.

Admission: Free

@isabelnissley

in566119@ohio.edu