Madison Square Garden, Coachella, Broadway announce their returns; OU announces fully vaccinated individuals exempt from asymptomatic COVID-19 testing

Today is Wednesday, June 9, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Madison Square Garden, Coachella and Broadway are planning on making big comebacks after the COVID-19 pandemic shut down their operations for over a year now. Ready to rock ‘n’ roll, Madison Square Garden will host a Foo Fighters concert on June 20. With this being the venue’s first show in over 460 days, vaccinated audience members are the only ones permitted to attend this concert. Tickets will go on sale this Friday, with Foo Fighters stating, “We’ve been waiting for this day for over a year. And the garden is going to feel that HARD. New York, get ready for a long a-- night of screaming our heads off together to 26 years of Foos.”

Coachella recently announced its return date, but it’s not as soon as Madison Square Gardens. The annual music festival in California will return on April 15 to 17 and April 22 to 24 in 2022. Although this may seem far away, tickets will be going on an advance sale Friday, June 4 at 10 a.m. PT.

Broadway is ready to kick off the summer with Bruce Springsteen. "Springsteen on Broadway" will begin on June 26 at the St. James Theatre. The show will close on Sept. 4, as of right now. The 71-year-old musician is “thrilled to have been asked to reprise the show as part of the reopening of Broadway." All dates and ticketing information are provided on SeatGeek. Just like Madison Square Garden, it is a requirement for audience members to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. 

News from The Post:

OU announces fully vaccinated individuals exempt from asymptomatic COVID-19 testing. (The Post)

Upcoming University Estates planning to bring 50 townhouse units consisting of two to three bedrooms that are more universal, affordable and solar-ready. (The Post)

New to OU? Here’s a few things to know before moving to campus. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Stay cool and plan for indoor activities! Today will include a high of 80 degrees with a big chance of clouds and thunderstorms. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Following in Delta’s footsteps, United airlines state that it won’t hire unvaccinated workers. (CBS)

The Showtime pay-per-view telecast servers temporarily crashed as demand for the Logan Paul-Floyd Mayweather fight cascaded. (USATODAY)

Breaking the tie she formerly held with Clara Schroth-Lomady, Simone Bile set another record with a seventh national championship win on June 6. (POPSUGAR)

@OliviaR22915570 

lr330519@ohio.edu