Ohio University running back, De'Montre Tuggle, poses for a portrait at Peden Stadium.

Football: De'Montre Tuggle signs name, image and likeness deal with BobcatAttack.com

BobcatAttack.com announced Saturday that it had signed a monetary name, image and likeness deal with Ohio running back De’Montre Tuggle.

Tuggle is the first student athlete at Ohio to sign an NIL deal following the NCAA’s rule change regarding athletes making money off of their likeness. As of July 1, student athletes are now allowed to sell the rights to their likenesses without losing their eligibility. 

“I’m extremely excited to work with BobcatAttack.com to promote their fan site,” Tuggle said in a press release. “I feel that this is an amazing opportunity to finally be able to benefit from name, image, and likeness and am hopeful that this is the start of something great as I head into my final season here in Athens.” 

BobcatAttack.com was founded in 2000 and has served as a fan site and discussion board for fans of Ohio athletics. Ted Thompson, the co-manager of the site, was ecstatic about closing the deal with Tuggle.

“We’re thrilled to do our part to support NIL compensation for Ohio Bobcat athletes under the current NIL guidelines and look forward to other businesses joining us to do the same,” Thompson said in the release. “I think I can speak for Bobcat fans across the country when I say we can’t wait to see student-athletes back doing what they love.”

@thejackgleckler

jg011517@ohio.edu