Ohio's Atiya Spaulding runs in 200m dash at Ohio Track and Field's Cherry Blossom Invitational on April 7, 2018. (FILE)

Track and Field: Ohio announces Sarah Pease as new track and field and cross country coach

Ohio athletic director Julie Cromer announced on July 28 that Sarah Pease will be taking over as coach for Ohio’s cross country and track and field programs. 

Pease was the assistant cross country and track and field coach at fellow Mid-American Conference member Ball State last season. Her efforts helped Ball State finish eighth in the conference championships, which was its best finish since 2008. 

Before Ball State, Pease was an assistant coach at Indiana University for five seasons. The majority of her work with the Hoosiers was with the distance groups. Pease also helped with on-campus recruitment and meet management. 

Pease spent her college career at Indiana, and during her career she was a three-time NCAA Outdoor Track & Field All-American. She was known for running the steeplechase and set the program record in the event during the 2010 NCAA Championships. She was the Big Ten champion in the steeplechase in 2011. 

Pease also has accolades beyond the collegiate level. She is a four-time Olympic Trials Qualifier and an 11-time USA Outdoor Championship Qualifier. 

Pease will replace Clay Calkins, who served as the cross country and track and field coach for 18 years. Ohio began a search for a new cross country and track and field coach in early June.

@ashleybeachy_ 

ab026319@ohio.edu