Weekender Briefs: Cheer on the OHIO Football team at Peden Palooza, float down the Hocking River at the 4th Annual Mega Tube Float

Friday, August 20 

Perceive with Caution: A Kennedy Museum of Art Merging Concepts Exhibition at 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Kennedy Museum of Art (Lin Hall) hosted by the College of Fine Arts. The exhibition includes work that was developed, designed and installed by students in the Museum Studies Certificate Program. Masks are required at all times, and social distancing is encouraged. 

Admission: Visits must be scheduled in advance here

Block Party @ PING at 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. at the Charles J. Ping Recreation Center.

Admission: Free

4th Annual Mega Tube Float on the Hocking River is being held by Adventure Pro Outdoors at 1299 E. Canal Street, Nelsonville and is happening all weekend. Tickets must be purchased in advance.

Admission: Prices vary on length of trip, tube rental

Ohio Volleyball Green & White Scrimmage at 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Convocation Center. 

Admission: Free

Nelsonville Parade of the Hills Festival is being held on the Public Square near Stuart’s Opera House all weekend with numerous events and activities ranging from food and games to live music performances. Events and attractions include the Miss Parade of the Hills Contest, 5K Run for the Hills and a Charity Pie Auction. Face masks are required for any events inside Stuart’s Opera House with the exception of musicians during performances. Bleached space is limited so bringing a lawn chair is suggested. 

Admission: All music shows are free, not including the Fiddlers Contest

Saturday, August 21

Athens Farmers Market at 9 a.m., at 1002 E. State St. Shop for locally grown and locally made foods and goods at the farmers’ market. The market accepts SNAP and credit cards.

Admission: Free

Peden Palooza at 10:15 a.m. at Peden Stadium. The football team is having their final scrimmage of fall camp. There will be spirit squad performances and an opportunity to meet some members of the football team. 

Admission: Free

Ohio Volleyball Scrimmage vs. Duquesne at 2:00 p.m. at the Convocation Center. Come out and support the Volleyball team as they have their final scrimmage before kicking off their regular season. 

Admission: Free

Party @ Ping at 7:00 p.m. at the Charles J. Ping Recreation Center. There will be free food and ice cream provided and DJ A-Roc will be performing.

Admission: Free

Sunday, August 22

Ohio University’s Involvement Fair at 2:30 p.m., at College Green. Come for an opportunity for students to meet and mingle with student organizations.

Admission: Free 

Leave Your Mark on the OHIO Graffiti Wall at 12:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. at the corner of Richland and Mulberry Street and President Street. There will be free gifts from #ForeverOhio and #MakeRespectVisible. 

Admission: Free

@MaryJaneSanese

ms943920@ohio.edu