Cutler Hall on Ohio University's campus in Athens, Ohio. (FILE)

Joe Trubacz to become OU’s interim vice president for finance and administration

Ohio University announced Thursday that Joe Trubacz will be the university’s new interim vice president for finance and administration, effective Aug. 30. 

This announcement follows current Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration Deb Shaffer’s decision June 15 to step down from her role and begin a one-year term as special consultant to OU President Hugh Sherman. 

According to a university news release, Trubacz has served in similar roles at other higher education institutions for over 30 years, most recently as the interim vice president and chief financial officer at the University of Central Florida. He has also held positions at St. Cloud State University, the University of South Florida St. Petersburg campus and the Colorado School of Mines.

“Joe Trubacz is the perfect fit for this position,” Sherman said in the release. “The search committee was very impressed with his transparency and his collaborative leadership style, and I am proud to have him serving on our leadership team.”

Trubacz will serve a nine-month term, and a national search for a candidate to permanently fill the position will begin during the Fall Semester, according to the release. 

@ryanmaxin

rm554219@ohio.edu