Provided via University Communications and Marketing.

OU announces role transition, retirement plans of Chief Financial Officer Deb Shaffer

Ohio University announced Tuesday the retirement plans of Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration and university Chief Financial Officer Deb Shaffer. 

Effective Aug. 20, Shaffer will step down from her current position and serve as the special consultant to OU President Hugh Sherman for a one-year term. Shaffer plans to retire after this transition, according to a university news release.

Shaffer joined university staff in 2013 and currently serves as treasurer of the OU Board of Trustees in addition to her aforementioned roles.

In her new position, Shaffer will assist Sherman, whose term began June 14, with a smooth transition of OU leadership. 

“I am pleased that Deb has agreed to serve in this capacity to provide advisory support and guidance as we work to balance and stabilize our budget in the coming year and look forward to working with her in this new capacity,” Sherman said in the release. 

In the release, Shaffer said she looks forward to working with Sherman and remains committed to supporting the transition of power to ensure the Division of Finance and Administration’s success. 

OU has not yet announced interim leadership for the Division of Finance and Administration but will announce transition plans in the coming weeks. 

@mollywmarie

mw542219@ohio.edu 

Molly Wilson

News Editor