Ohio's CeCe Hooks (#1) beats Buffalo's defense in her run to the basket during the home game on Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020 in Athens, Ohio.

Women's Basketball: Mid-American Conference releases Ohio's 2021-22 conference schedule

The Mid-American Conference announced Ohio’s 2021-22 conference schedule Friday. It will play in 20 conference games over a period of 10 weeks. 

The Bobcats’ season will begin Dec. 29 with a game against Miami in Oxford. The Bobcats will play their first conference game in The Convo against Eastern Michigan Jan. 1. 

Ohio will alternate between home and away games when it travels to Akron Jan. 5 and then returns to The Convo for a game against Northern Illinois Jan. 8. Ohio will host Buffalo Jan. 12 before it travels to face Central Michigan Jan. 15.

After hosting Kent State Jan. 19 and Bowling Green Jan. 22, Ohio will travel for games against Toledo and Western Michigan Jan. 26 and Jan. 29, respectively. It will briefly return to The Convo to host Ball State Feb. 2 before traveling to face Northern Illinois Feb. 5. Ohio will play its second game against Ball State in Muncie, Indiana Feb. 9. 

The Bobcats will then play two straight home games against Western Michigan Feb. 12 and against Toledo Feb. 16. Afterward, they will play two games on the road against Bowling Green and Buffalo Feb. 19 and Feb. 23, respectively. 

Ohio concludes its conference schedule with two games at home and one on the road. It will host Akron Feb. 26 and Miami March 2. Ohio will travel to Kent State for its final regular season game March 5. 

The MAC Tournament is scheduled for March 9-12 at the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland. The quarterfinals and semifinals will be broadcast on ESPN3 and ESPN+, while the MAC Championship game will be broadcasted on CBS Sports Network.

@elifeaz  

ef195418@ohio.edu