Ohio returns to Chessa Field on Thursday with a match against Northern Kentucky, hoping to shake off its first loss of the season to Eastern Kentucky last Sunday.
Here’s what you need to know ahead of Ohio’s match against Northern Kentucky:
Match Information and Notes
Opponent: Northern Kentucky
Time: 4 p.m.
Venue: Chessa Field
- The Bobcats are 1-1 all-time against the Norse. They last faced each other on Aug. 25, 2019, when the Bobcats won 1-0.
- Northern Kentucky (1-3-2) hasn’t won a match since it defeated Eastern Kentucky in overtime on Aug. 22. Its last two matches have ended in ties.
- Northern Kentucky is currently fifth in the Horizon League Conference standings
Player to watch: Junior midfielder Kayla Wypasek leads the Norse with two goals and one assist. Wypasek is also tied for the most shots on goal, with four shots on goal in the Norse’s last two matches.
Notes on Ohio
- The Bobcats (3-1) are third in the Mid-American Conference standings.
- Ohio has only allowed three goals in its first four matches, all of which occurred in its loss to Eastern Kentucky.
- Ohio averages 17 shots per game, while its opponents average only 10.5.
Player to watch: Sophomore Shae Robertson has scored two goals in four matches, and she leads Ohio with 13 shots.