Ohio defender Paige Knorr kicks the ball during the Ohio versus Northern Kentucky match at Chessa Field on Thursday, Sep. 9, 2021. Ohio lost 1-0.

Soccer: Ohio looks to continue undefeated streak against Eastern Michigan

Ohio remains undefeated through its Mid-American Conference schedule and is in first place in the conference standings. With just three matches left in the regular season, its hopes of making the MAC Tournament are all but assured. Ohio (10-3-2, 6-1-0 Mid-American Conference) hopes to keep its undefeated streak alive Thursday when it hosts Eastern Michigan.

Here’s everything you need to know: 

Match Information and Notes

Opponent: Eastern Michigan (2-10-3, 1-5-2 MAC) 

Venue: Chessa Field

Time: 4 p.m.

• The Bobcats are 6-8-3 against the Eagles since 2005. Their most recent match was Nov. 8, 2019, when the Bobcats fell 5-2.
  • Eastern Michigan leads the MAC with 100 saves this season.
  • Eastern Michigan’s 10 goals this season have been scored by nine different players.

Player to watch: Sophomore Amanda Cripps might pose a threat on offense. She leads the Eagles with 21 shots through nine games and scored a goal against Western Illinois on Sept. 17. 

Notes on Ohio

•  The Bobcats have shut out their previous three opponents and allowed just two goals during their conference schedule. 
  •  Ohio is the only MAC team that is undefeated against conference opponents. 
  • Ohio is second in the conference in shots with 216 and shots on goal with 103. 

Player to watch: Senior goalkeeper Sam Wexell has recorded eight shutouts this season. She has the best goals against average in the conference and is third in saves. 

@imchristosiegel

cs093219@ohio.edu