Here are 5 planning apps, websites to organize your life

It’s never a bad time to start getting more organized. Bringing more order into our lives is one of the best ways to ensure you’re hitting every deadline, staying on track with your goals and enhancing your productivity.

Keeping track of all your to-do lists, assignments, goals and notes is hard to do on paper. It can get messy trying to keep track of everything, ultimately leading to more clutter. Thankfully, there’s a simpler way to do things. Making the switch to digital planning can help clear off our desks and our minds at the same time. 

Here are a few apps and websites to start organizing your entire life online: 

Notion

Notion is your one-stop shop for online organization. It’s a minimalistic-style tool that combines your daily planner, calendar, to-do list, research, journal and so much more. Notion is designed to bring together your personal and business life, so you can easily keep track of it all in one place. Every page is customizable, and templates, which allow you to create a space that’s aesthetically pleasing for you, are also offered.

Notion is completely free for personal use for students and educators and also offers plans for small business and enterprise use. 

Download Notion on the app store for iOS and Android, or add it right to your homepage on a Mac or Windows laptop. 

Evernote

Evernote is one of the top-rated note-taking apps, and it also functions as a to-do list, schedule and journal. Evernote is a tool to help individuals arrange their ideas while having all of their notes and plans in one simple space. You can even send emails to Evernote, which is an easy way to export ideas at the click of a button. 

Evernote keeps everything concise and together without the hassle of pen and paper. You’re able to physically scan your notes and papers to turn them digital in an instant. Save and clip part of web pages that you find useful, connect your Google calendar and keep your content 100% organized with all of Evernote’s modern uses. 

It’s free to use and simple to download. Evernote is available for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac users. It also offers family plans to keep track of your home and life or team groups for use in the workplace.

Todoist

Todoist is another great organization tool to help you focus on the things that are most important to you. It’s a list-based website that allows you to prioritize which tasks and goals are of the highest importance. It gives you a clear overview on what your day looks like and allows you to create substacks and sections on all of your lists. Change your priority levels, set up recurring tasks and share your workload by sending your lists to others. 

Todoist allows you to connect your pre-existing calendar to sync up and add your email and other files to easily keep everything in one place. The app helps you visualize your progress by giving you a view of your activity history, completed tasks, and daily and weekly goals. Easily create positive habits by setting up recurring reminders. 

It’s free for starters and is available for download on desktop for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Add it as an extension to Chrome, Firefox or Safari. 

Notability

As far as note-taking apps go, Notability is one of the most user-friendly formats available. Notability combines simple note-taking with PDF annotation to give you a space to create your own notes and mark-up PDFs of others. 

Notability’s layout is simple and intuitive, perfect for organizing notes by semester, class or organization. Unfortunately for Android users, Notability is only available for iOS. It’s best for use on an iPad with an Apple Pencil, so you can draw, write, highlight and do everything else you typically would do on paper. It’s perfect for downloading class notes or PowerPoints and making your own comments as needed. 

Notability is free to download and offers in-app purchases, such as calendar templates, journal prompts and much more. 

TwoBird

Gone are the days when the email inbox and to-do list are separated. With TwoBird, your inbox is your to-do list. It’s an app that combines email, notes, lists, calendar and reminders and helps you visualize which tasks are for now and which can be saved for later. TwoBird turns your inbox into a self-cleaning tool that clears out all conversations and reminders that are designated as less of a priority for you. The app gives you smart notifications, such as being mentioned in an email and quietly delivers the rest. It keeps your inbox calm and clear so your life can be as well. 

TwoBird is a free app and is available to download on iOS, Mac, Web and other major platforms. 

@BussertMaddie

mb901017@ohio.edu