Ohio University Police Department at The Ridges. OUPD recently transitioned from the Scott Quadrangle undergraduate dorm building into the grounds of The Ridges. (FILE)

Police Blotter: Vehicle shot with paintball gun, vehicle stripped with owner nowhere to be found

Keep an Eye Out

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report that a caller’s neighbor was videotaping them when they arrived at their house. 

Because the same neighbor was recently charged with assaulting the person making the report, the dispatcher encouraged them to get in touch with the Athens County Prosecutor's office to try and get a protection order to get the neighbor-turned-videographer to stay away from them.

That wasn’t very cool

A man in Coolville called the sheriff’s office to report his vehicle had been stripped, but when a deputy responded to the scene, he was unable to find the caller. The caller had apparently left the scene. 

Further investigation is pending.

There’s a spot on your truck

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to a complaint about trespassing where the suspect was said to have shot the caller’s vehicle with a paintball gun. After shooting it, the suspect left the scene.

Deputies patrolled the area, but were unable to locate the suspect.

To vandal or not to vandal?

Deputies were dispatched to the old school in Chauncey in response to a call about vandalism and found three minors. The three were asked to leave the property, however, no evidence of vandalism was found.

Oh Deer!

The sheriff’s office received reports of multiple hunters trespassing on a property in Coolville, and they called in the Ohio Department of Natural Resources because the report was a hunting issue. 

The Department of Natural resources responded to the scene, but no further action was needed.

Which way?

A report came in about a concern that the caller’s neighbors may be shooting in an unsafe direction. Deputies talked to the neighbors and made sure they had a safe area to shoot in.

@TaylorBurnette_

tb040917@ohio.edu