Star Wars’ The Book of Boba Fett will be released on Dec. 29, 2021 on Disney Plus (Photo provided via @thebookofbobafett)

Here's when to expect Star Wars' 'The Book of Boba Fett'

On Nov. 1, the newest “Star Wars” show, The Book of Boba Fett, released an official trailer. This will be the newest TV show in the “Star Wars” Universe. It’s set right after the post credit scene of The Mandalorian season 2 with Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) and Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) forcefully taking over Jabba’s palace and claiming it as their own. 

The Book of Boba Fett revolves around Boba Fett and Fennec Shand uniting the seedy underworld of Tatooine under Fett, using democracy and openness to unite each faction on top of fighting for Jabba’s throne. 

The show has eight episodes in total, each labeled as chapters. The first episode is Chapter 17: “The Champion,” which means that the show is a direct continuation of season 2 of The Mandalorian

The Book of Boba Fett is the continuation of a long line of new TV shows and movies set in the “Star Wars” Universe. Disney has been stricter on quality control with the “Star Wars” license ever since the release of the sequel trilogy, and have diverted to making TV shows, which have found critical acclaim such as The Mandalorian and The Bad Batch

Currently, there are 13 projects that are still in development or filming at this time, such as Kenobi, Andor, The Mandalorian season 3, Rogue Squadron and many other projects. Star Wars is beginning to restart a resurgence and quantity, which is almost on track with the amount of Marvel movies and TV shows that are currently being worked on as of right now. 

Sadly, the trailer for The Book of Boba Fett does not show a lot in terms of substance or plot in the short 1 minute and 35 seconds of screen time. It appears that possibly one or two episodes are being used, as we don’t see any new planets or vastly different settings than Tatooine’s many distant cities.  

However, this is not something to be unexpected with “Star Wars” shows. Trailers for The Mandalorian season 2 were very secretive and did not show anything past the first three episodes, as they would have spoiled many of the great moments of that show such as the return of Luke, Boba and Ashoka. The marketing for this new show seems to follow that same philosophy, leaving fans wanting more.

The Book of Boba Fett releases on Disney + on Dec. 29.

@Griffinshaivitz

gs813919@ohio.edu