Athens High School point guard Elijah Williams attempts to position a shot while Zane Trace's Nick Nesser attempts a block during the tournament match on Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019, in The Convo. (FILE)

Athens Basketball: What to know for Athens' trip to Wellston

Athens (3-10, 2-3 Tri-Valley Conference) is on the road again as it looks to get back on track against conference foe Wellston (6-6, 2-3 TVC). Athens will look to bounce back from its last game against Logan, where it fell 47-34. 

The Bulldogs’ lack of success on the road has been an ongoing theme this year. They have not won a single road game this season. Fortunately for the Bulldogs, Tuesday’s game presents another opportunity. 

Here’s what to know for Tuesday’s game:

Game Information

Opponent: Wellston

Location: Wellston High School

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Notes

Athens has already defeated Wellston this season. It dominated Wellston 54-32 earlier in January for both its largest and first conference win of the year. However, in order to complete the season sweep, Athens will have to win on the road for the first time this season. 

Although the Golden Rockets own a .500 record, they’re in the midst of their worst month of play. They have lost four of their last five games, including a 64-48 loss to conference opponent Alexander on Jan. 21.

Wellston has only played four games on its own court — all with mediocre results. It is 2-2 when on its home court. Wellston also shares the same 2-3 conference record as Athens. The two currently sit in a tie for fourth place in the TVC.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu