Logan Maxfield goes up for an acrobatic finish Tuesday in Athens 69-23 victory over Wellston to clinch the TVC-Ohio title.

Athens Basketball: Athens travels to Logan in search of first road win

Athens (3-9, 2-3 Tri-Valley Conference) is rested up after its game against Logan Elm was postponed on Tuesday. It will look to pick up its first win streak of the season when it takes on Logan (7-6) Friday night. 

The Bulldogs have struggled in nonconference games this season as they have only won one of seven games. The Bulldogs have struggled mightily on the road as well, where they are 0-2. 

Here’s what to know ahead of Friday’s game:

Game Information

Opponent: Logan

Location:  Logan High School (Logan, Ohio)

Time: 7:30 p.m. 

The Bulldogs have their work cut out for them as they attempt to pick up their first win on the road.  Fortunately for the Bulldogs, the Chieftains has not fared very well on their home court. The Chieftains are just 1-2 at home this season.  

Neither team is playing particularly well as of late, as both teams have dropped two of their last three games. Logan’s last game was a 13-point loss to Parkersburg South on Jan. 15.

Logan’s year has been defined by close games. Six of its 13 games have been decided by three points or less. Meanwhile, Athens’ closest game was decided by six points. With the season winding down, Friday’s game presents Athens with a valuable opportunity to get a quality nonconference road win.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu