(Photo provided via @bonnaroo on Instagram)

15 highly anticipated concerts and music festivals you should know about

Since 2020, concert-going has become a lost trend, but it seems that 2022 may see the return of packed venues and ecstatic fan bases. Many artists are ready to hit the road, so here’s some suggestions if you’re an anxious music junkie craving the unworldly feel of live music.

Billie Eilish - Happier than Ever tour

The 20-year-old is going back on the road again to promote her second album, Happier than Ever, from Feb. 3 to April 9. If you’re into alternative pop and raspy vocals, Eilish is the perfect person to see. Also, her opening acts are incredible as well with WILLOW, Duckwrth and Jessie Reyez joining her for select dates. This is the perfect tour to go to after dealing with a pandemic for the last two years and will make you forget it ever happened.

Ticket information about the tour can be found here.

Electric Forest Festival

In Rothbury, MI, electronic and alternative music will be on full display with artists such as Disclosure, Louis The Child, Griz and Porter Robinson. With its whimsical forest vibes and psychedelic atmosphere, this festival will make headlines yet again this year. If you need something to do from June 23 to 26, this may just be the once in a lifetime experience you’ve been craving.

Further information can be found here.

Bad Bunny - El Último Tour del Mundo (The Last World Tour) 

This tour is definitely one to consider as Latin music fans everywhere will have the chance to hear Bad Bunny’s first ever Spanish-language album, El Ultimo Tour del Mundo, to debut at No. 1. With his energetic nature and stage presence, those interested will not be disappointed. There’s no doubt that you will have fun as pulsing synths and Bad Bunny’s infectious Puerto Rican flare will get you dancing in an instant. You can see Bad Bunny from Feb. 9 to April 3.

Coachella

The line-up for arguably one of the biggest music festivals of the year was announced last week with headliners Harry Styles, Billie Eilish and Ye (Kanye West) taking the stage. Additionally, artists from all genres will be present, spanning from bigger artists like Doja Cat and Phoebe Bridgers to smaller ones such as Japanese Breakfast, The Regrettes and Rina Sawayama. From April 15 to 24, you will be able to experience a wide range of talent in the famous desert setting of Indio, CA. 

More information can be found here.

Reading and Leeds Festival

If you’re looking to go international to find new music, this festival is worth it. What makes this event noteworthy is the showcasing of famous and upcoming alternative and rap musicians. This year, headliners such as DAVE, Arctic Monkeys and Halsey will be sure to leave a lasting impression on music fans everywhere. You can see these artists and more from Aug. 26 to 28. 

Interested? Here’s more information about the festival.

Eric Nam - THERE AND BACK AGAIN World Tour 

The K-Pop star is finally going on a world tour around Europe and North America. If you’re looking for a diverse take on pop music, Nam’s talent for capturing the reality of Asian-American life is a valid concert-going experience. Performing at smaller and more intimate venues, this musician’s tour is likely to be a magical and less chaotic opportunity to be exposed to a new perspective within pop music. 

Tour information can be found here. 

Miranda Lambert and Little Big Town - Bandwagon Tour

Country music is also making a comeback to the 2022 concert scene with Miranda Lambert and Little Big Town teaming up for one of the genre’s most anticipated summer tours. Starting May 6 in Houston, TX, the tour will run in the span of 15 dates and highlight the exquisite range of Lambert and Little Big Town. If you’re a country music fan, this tour is worth checking out and will be COVID-friendly, as most of the tour’s venues are outside.

Need more information? Look here. 

Forecastle Festival 

Set in Louisville, KY, Forecastle Festival has major headliners including rapper Jack Harlow, Tame Impala, Phoebe Bridgers, Tyler, The Creator and Porter Robinson. From May 27 to 29, this festival is the ultimate way to start the summer on the right note. With themes centered around music, art and activism, this event is likely to be one of the biggest festivals in music for 2022. 

More information about the festival can be found here.

When We Were Young Festival

Luckily, the lineup for this festival was just announced with My Chemical Romance and Paramore as the two massive headliners. Hosted at Las Vegas Festival Grounds, the When We Were Young Festival is a great setting for punk rock music lovers, especially those who miss the early 2000s. Other headliners include Bring Me the Horizon, Pierce the Veil and Dashboard Confessional, which are sure to bring the electricity and intense nature of the punk rock genre back to life. Oct. 22 can’t come any sooner.

Want more details? Look here.

Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR Tour

The rising pop star is finally hitting the road after the smash success of her debut album, SOUR. Rodrigo is performing in smaller venues for a more intimate feel. If you enjoy her popular hits such as “good 4 u” and “deja vu” or if you just want to cry your eyes out to songs like “traitor” and “happier” then this is the concert for you. The 18 year old will be on tour from April 2 to July 7.

More information can be found here.

Lollapalooza 

While there hasn’t been an announcement for this year’s lineup, music lovers can expect the festival to once again be at Grant Park in Chicago from July 28 to 31. Get ready to plan your eccentric outfits and put glitter in your hair, since this is a highly anticipated end to the summer. Tickets are not on sale yet, but those responsible for the operation of the four-day event should be announcing a lineup, as well as ticket prices, soon.

Here’s what we know so far about Lollapalooza.

Courtney Barnett - Things Take Time, Take Time Tour

The Australian singer-songwriter is back on the road after releasing her latest album Things Take Time, Take Time. Barnett’s past concerts have been intimate, laidback and up-close and personal, which is destined to occur this time around on tour. Concert-goers who aren’t huge fans of mosh pits or fast-paced music will find comfort by attending this concert. With her killer guitar skills and raspy vocals, Barnett is definitely worth every penny.

Ticket information can be found here.

Governors Ball

Like Lollapalooza, the lineup for this festival has not been announced yet but should for sure be on your radar, especially if you’re into pop and R&B music. With past performers such as Billie Eilish, Megan Thee Stallion and Post Malone, the performances have always been top grade. Set in New York City at Citi Field, attendees can enjoy the big apple as one of the best places to attend a concert. From June 10 to 12, you can see 2022’s biggest artists all in one place.

Governors Ball information here. 

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Tour

After the five-star reviews and high praise of her 2020 album, Future Nostalgia, Dua Lipa is about to bring the futuristic disco-tech and grooviness of her music catalog to the stage once again. With the amazing openers of Megan Thee Stallion and Caroline Polachek by her side, this tour will for sure keep you on your feet, dancing with a smile on your face the whole time. Fans who enjoy this side of her should highly consider checking this tour out, especially if you love songs like “Levitating” and “Physical.” You can see Dua Lipa from Feb. 9 to Nov.16. 

More information here.

Bonnaroo

From June 16 to 19, you can go to one of the biggest music festivals of 2022 in Manchester, TN. Bonnaroo’s special collection of acts includes musicians from the past and present such as Stevie Nicks and The Chicks, as well as Machine Gun Kelly, Roddy Rich and J. Cole. What makes this festival unique is the different genres of music that all come together in the span of three days and you will not want to miss out on it. Another summer music festival is exactly what all eager concert-goers need after two years of little-to-no live performances.

Find more information here.

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu