Weekender Briefs: Enjoy live music, create suspended sculptures

Friday, Feb. 18

ACRN Media is hosting its 2022 prom at The Union, 18 W. Union St., with performances from Short Fictions, En Love and Kaiba. Doors open at 7 p.m. Come wearing your favorite goth-inspired outfit for a chance to win best dressed. 

Admission: $8 for 21+, $10 for under 21.

School of Theater Presents: Everybody at 8 p.m. in Elizabeth Evans Baker Theater at Kantner Hall. In this modernized morality play, characters embark on a journey to discover the meaning of life. 

Admission: $5 for students, $7 for seniors and $10 for general admission.

Saturday, Feb. 19

Saturday Lunch served weekly by United Campus Ministry from 1 p.m. until 2:30 p.m. The free, hot and nutritious meal is given out to Athens community members with no questions asked.

Admission: Free

Gallia Winterfest 2022 is taking place at Gallipolis City Park from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Participants can expect many different activities including a scavenger hunt for ice sculptures, ice skating and concessions from hot chocolate to snowcones. Winterfest is fun for the entire family and will be an unforgettable experience.

Admission: Free

Velvet Green is performing another show at The Union at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. Come support these performers and enjoy their music. 

Sunday, Feb. 20

Open Studio at Kennedy Museum of Art is back with its first event of 2022 from 2 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. Inspired by the current exhibition, LACUNA, the event will explore the process behind creating suspended sculptures. With all materials provided, facilitators will guide guests through the process of creation.

Admission: Free, but participants must register beforehand.

The British Invasion sparked a cultural reset, as British music was dominating the charts in the mid-1960s and set trends of being yourself. Live on the stage at the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium Sunday at 7:30 p.m. are the songs that changed that generation. 

Admission: $15 for students, $18 for seniors and $20 for general admission.

@carmenszuk

cs032018@ohio.edu