Cutler Hall on Ohio University's campus in Athens, Ohio. (FILE)

OU announces next University College dean

Ohio University announced Wednesday David Nguyen will be the next University College dean.

Nguyen, associate professor of higher education and student affairs in OU’s Department of Counseling and Higher education, is also the interim associate dean for research and graduate studies in the Patton College of Education and the provost’s faculty fellow for student success. 

OU’s University College serves students with undeclared majors. Nguyen will assume his position on June 15.

“His ability to integrate his academic research with practice to support student success and equity, combined with his vision for supporting and developing regional and interdisciplinary programs, will benefit the students, staff, and faculty of University College and the university as a whole,” Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Sayrs said in a university news release. 

Before coming to OU, Nguyen worked at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, or MIT, and Tufts University. He also holds a doctorate degree in higher, adult and lifelong education from Michigan State University and a master’s degree in college student development and counseling from Northeastern University. Additionally, Nguyen has a master’s degree in accounting and a bachelor’s degree in accounting and marketing management from Syracuse University.

@E_SkidmoreGS

es320518@ohio.edu