Ohio guard CeCe Hooks shoots during the second quarter of the game against Miami at The Convo on Wednesday, March 2, 2022.

Women's Basketball: 3 Ohio players receive All-Mid-American Conference honors

The Mid-American Conference announced its awards and All-Conference teams Tuesday, and Ohio was well-represented.

Cece Hooks was named to the All-MAC First Team and All-MAC Defensive Team, as well as being named the MAC Co-Defensive Player of the Year alongside Akron’s Jordyn Dawson.

It is her fourth year in a row winning that trio of awards, and it was to be expected after another incredible season in which she became the MAC’s all-time scoring leader.

Hooks was tied for second in the MAC and sixth in the NCAA in scoring at 22.4 points per game, as well as second in the MAC and 12th in the NCAA in steals with 2.9 per game.

Erica Johnson was named to the All-MAC Third Team, which marks her fourth consecutive season to be named to an all-conference team. Three of her four honors have been Third Team selections, along with a First Team selection in the 2019-20 season.

Johnson ranked 10th in the MAC for scoring with 16.1 points per game, averaged 5.9 rebounds per game and she led the Bobcats in 3-pointers made.

Gabby Burris received an All-MAC Honorable Mention for the second year in a row. She averaged career-highs in both points and rebounds per game at 14.1 and 6.3, respectively.

@willocunningham

wc425318@ohio.edu