Police Blotter: Stolen identity, burglary on Alderman Road reported

Stolen Identity 

Deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office spoke to a female who was complaining of identity fraud. 

The female said someone had opened bank accounts in her name through PNC bank. 

A report was taken. 

Alderman Road burglary 

A report of burglary was reported to the sheriff's office at a residence on Alderman Road in Millfield. 

Deputies responded to the residence and took a report of the incident. 

‘My Car is Gone’

Deputies from the sheriff's office took a report of a stolen vehicle on Salem Road in Athens. 

The case is still under investigation. 

‘I think that’s my card’ 

Deputies spoke on the phone with a man who reported that somebody used his mom’s debit card at local stores in Athens. 

A report was taken. 

Road Rage 

The sheriff’s office received a report of an incident of road rage, which reportedly occurred on North Plains Road in The Plains

A report was subsequently taken. 

‘Your Music is Too Loud’ 

The sheriff’s office responded to a loud-music complaint on Gun Club Road in New Marshfield, but deputies were unable to locate any loud music. 

Trash Trespasser 

The sheriff’s office dispatched deputies to Oak Street in The Plains after receiving a report of possible trespassers. 

When they arrived at the scene, deputies spoke with a male who was an authorized person cleaning trash.

Deputies subsequently returned to patrol. 

Verbal dispute 

Deputies responded to an active dispute report at a business on South Plains Road in The Plains. 

Upon arriving at the scene, deputies discovered that the dispute was verbal. One of the involved persons was issued a trespass warning at the request of the business, according to the sheriff's office. 

Outta Control 

Deputies received a report of a reckless driver and subsequently responded to Lafollette Road in Millfield. 

Deputies did not make any contact with the described vehicle when patrolling the area. 

False Alarm 

Deputies from the sheriff's office responded to a home located on Connett Road in The Plains on a report of an activated alarm. 

Deputies spoke with the homeowner when they arrived on scene who advised everything was alright. 

@mollywmarie

mw542219@ohio.edu

Molly Wilson

News Editor