Campbell’s Corner: Ranking the best, worst looks from Grammys 2022

The 2022 Grammys was a smashing success for artists such as Olivia Rodrigo, Jon Bastiste and Silk Sonic. These artists’ looks were also leaps and bounds above their previous Oscars’ looks. 

Here are the best and worst looks from the biggest night in music. 

Best Looks

SZA starts off the list in a gorgeous Jean Paul Gaultier gown. The floral detailing combined with the tool train added a simple yet elegant touch for the carpet. While her crutches were a necessary accessory when accepting the award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, the dress showed off every asset that SZA has and proved she’s a “Supermodel” after all. 

SZA’s musical partner Doja Cat also stunned the carpet in a aqua Versace gown. Inspired by Marilyn Monroe, the dress was complete with a rhinestone embellishment and perfectly fitted to her hourglass figure. It was just as glamorous and bold as Doja is herself. 

First-time Grammy nominee Olivia Rodrigo went for a more fitted look, wearing a pink and black Vivienne Westwood gown. This look was not necessarily as “loud” as some other looks on the carpet, but that is what makes it so very special. Rodrigo accessorized the gown with black opera gloves and black and pink choker necklaces to an extra pop of Y2k. It was the perfect look for the punk rock princess. 

Mediocre Looks

Just hours before her secret marriage to Travis Barker, Kourtney Kardashian hit the Grammys red carpet in a black Givenchy suit. While I never usually one to turn down a simple black look, I think Kardashian could have done way better. She did not look bad, but I was hoping for something more avant garde, especially next to Barker. It is safe to say Barker out did his then-fiance. 

Another disappointing look is from Hailey Bieber, who wore a strapless Saint Lauren gown. Bieber looked gorgeous, but she deserved a dress that complimented her natural beauty. Her attempt at a minimal look failed for such a special event. It’s also strange to see such a simple look compared to her husband, who scored a suit about 10 sizes too big. 

Elle King confused everyone with a red Christain Siriano suit, which is the entire definition of “less is more.” The gigantic hat, ruffled sleeves and flare-legged pants were too much put together. King does not look like she is attending the Grammys, more like she is walking into a dive bar. 

Bad Looks

This next look from Laverne Cox made me sob. I love her so much, but her completely sheer John Galliano gown was not flattering her at all. She looked as though she was someone’s mistress at a funeral. The purple wig was also not doing her any favors. The look screamed, “I was rooting for you. We were all rooting for you.” 

The worst look of the night was from Tayla Parx, who wore a spiked green jumpsuit as if she popped out of Super Mario Brothers. This look proved there is a difference between avant-garde and just plain weird. The jumpsuit is just unnecessarily bad, as if she was trying. I have never heard of Parx before, and I will probably only know her from this awful look. 

Hannah Campbell is a sophomore studying journalism at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnist do not reflect those of The Post. Do you agree? Tell Hannah by tweeting her at @hannahcmpbell.