The Women's Center is Located on the fourth floor in Baker Center. (Meagan Hall | The Post)

OU names new Women’s Center director

Ohio University’s Division of Diversity and Inclusion appointed Chris Fowler as the new director of the Women’s Center Monday.

Fowler has years of experience at OU and other higher education institutions. Before coming to OU, Fowler was the assistant director, and later, interim director at Iowa State University's Margaret Sloss Women’s Center.

Currently, Fowler serves as the interim director of the Office of Multicultural Success and Retention, or OMSAR. During her time at OU, Fowler has also served as the associate director of OMSAR’s Critical and Underserved Student Success and as the director of the Ohio Fellows Program. 

“She is respected on campus as a champion for students and their success, and I am excited to support her as she builds on the strong programming and student support services at the Women’s Center,” Salome Nnoromele, interim vice president of diversity and inclusion, said in a press release.

The OU Women’s Center provides OU students, faculty and staff with information concerning programs, services and issues of special importance to women. Through its services, the Women’s Center hopes to “promote awareness, education, and advocacy about women, gender, and diversity, among faculty, staff and students at Ohio University and its surrounding communities.”

@AddieHedges

ah766719@ohio.edu