Wallen was set to play at the tavern-styled concert venue on Oct. 13 of this year where 4,000 attendees were expected to come out and support (Photo provided by @morganwallen via Instagram).

Morgan Wallen cancels Oct. 13 show at Flannagan’s Dublin

Morgan Wallen fans in the Columbus, OH region have been at crossroads ever since the country artist sold out the Flannagan’s Dublin venue in just seconds. 

Wallen was set to play at the tavern-styled concert venue on Oct. 13 of this year where 4,000 attendees were expected to come out and support. 

4,000 people may sound like a lot, but for Wallen, this is a much smaller crowd than he is accustomed to. 

Due to his large and devoted fanbase, much of his following was disappointed by the limited amount of ticket sales WCOL -- the radio station hosting the concert -- offered. 

Many suspected that majority of the tickets were sold during the pre-sale hour, where many lucky individuals were able to access a pre-sale code through employees and/or other inside connections. As a result, some went as far as boycotting the family-owned business and voicing their frustration online. 

One Facebook user commented, “Beyond frustrating, presale was supposed to be this morning. People already bought tickets yesterday to sell the presale out this morning. Then your site goes down and we can’t even have the option to buy.” 

Another stated, “I’m pissed! I was on the site at 9:15 and it crashed a few minutes before 10 and I still can’t even get it to load. Flannagan’s deleted their post, but looks like their employees got extra early access and gave out the code to so many people that it sold out!” 

“I don’t understand how anyone was able to get tickets when the website was crashed,” one user commented. 

This morning, Morgan Wallen announced he was canceling the show on WCOL’s The Wake UP Call. 

Wallen told host, Dan Zuko, that he plans to come to Columbus in 2023 at a much bigger venue that can accommodate all of his fans, which wouldn’t be possible if he were to play at Flannagan’s. 

Zuko calls this situation a “double-edged sword,” as it is incredible and commendable that Wallen is at a point in his career where he is selling out stadiums, but also unfortunate because Zuko and the rest of WCOL were looking forward to having such a big name, play a more intimate show. 

The show was booked in 2019, prior to the pandemic and the peak of Wallen’s career. 

Wallen said it was important to him to keep his promise and play this particular show all while raising money for charity, and he also said it “would take him back,” by playing a smaller show and that he thought it would also be “fun.” 

He said his main priority above all, though, was his fans and charity. 

To combat this issue, Wallen has asked his country-star friend, HARDY, to step in for him and play on Oct. 13, and that he personally, will be coming to Columbus on his stadium tour in 2023. 

More tickets will then be available, and the 4,000 people who did have tickets originally, will be granted guaranteed access to his larger show. 

Wallen is expected to release more details regarding his stadium tour, later this year or early next. 

@emmadollenmayer

ed569918@ohio.edu